- The Teacherage is nestled between the luscious greenery of the Merchants Millpond State Park and the Great Dismal Swamp National Park in the charming one stop light town of Sunbury, NC.
- A must stop on your way in or out of the Outer Banks for clean air, canoeing and a simple a taste of country living that is guaranteed to remove even the worse case of city stress.
- The Teacherage is included in the National Register of Historic Places, originally serving in the 1940’s and 50´s as cozy home for the teachers of the “old” Sunbury School.
- Set on the former school’s campus, there are more than 7 acres to spread out on or take a stroll in to the nearby village for groceries or antiques. While our lovely porch makes a perfect spot to enjoy the best apple pie, selection of hot and cold teas or summer lemonade all day long.
- Breakfast is always ready from 8 to 11 every morning and includes local farm fresh produce.
- Choose from double/queen/twin rooms or even single rooms.
- Stay for a day or stay for ever…